Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Goodbye house. See you in a year!


The last few weeks have been a whirlwind! The process of getting everything out of the house and ready for renters was a big job! I cried as we drove away. It was probably a combination of sadness about what I was leaving behind, the losses incurred during the process of preparing for the adventure and relief that this part was done. There was a point about a week ago when I turned to Papawizzy and said, "if I thought there was a way to change my mind and not do this, I would"!. But today I feel better and I'm looking forward to the adventure ahead. I am looking forward to the spiritual, emotional and relational growth that Papawizzy and I will experience, along with the opportunity to see this great country of ours! So away we go into the great adventure! 

As we begin this journey we realize that we have a very large learning curve to conquer. Especially for two people who aren't very knowledgeable in the area of camping/RVing. This is a whole new world, with it's own terminology, skills and community. 

One of the areas of growth we are experiencing is in the arena of communication. We have discovered the importance of communicating effectively during the process of backing the 5th wheel into the camping space. One area of weakness is my lack of directional awareness. I do know my right from my left, but sometimes in stressful situations I may not say what I mean 😬.  Also, Papawizzy and I didn't see things the same when lining up the pin with the hitch (see, new terminology), but I think we have that figured out. And I now know that the hand signal for stop is a closed fist, not an open hand 😏. But the most important thing we've learned is to remain calm and don't yell at each other lol.

So we are staying in the area for the next month or so in order to have some things taken care of on the 5th wheel and to attend some family events. After that we will be heading west. Hopefully we will get to Arizona, New Mexico and Utah before we need to be in California in June. 

We'll try to keep you posted as we go and maybe see some of you along the way!

Blessings,
Mamawizzy



Morning view out our back window

No comments:

Post a Comment