Monday, May 25, 2020

we finally made it out of Texas!

Yes!! We finally made it out of Texas! We got the truck back on Tuesday, May 12th and hit the road bright and early on Wednesday, May 13th. We headed to Arizona and made it to my parents home in Congress late on Thursday. One thousand ninety two miles in two days! Our rig performed beautifully and I even drove about a third of the time on both days. I was a little nervous, but Papawizzy wasn't, he promptly fell asleep as soon as I was behind the wheel!

We are enjoying our time here. My brother came in from California for a few days and we are in the process of helping my folks pack up so they can move to Texas to be closer to family.  It's been a little hard on my parents. They love it here. They have wonderful neighbors, great hiking trails and a good community for activities and such. One of the reasons that I say they have great neighbors is because we organized a moving sale in about a day and a half and one neighbor put out an email on the community page and oh my goodness, the number of people who showed up! And it was heartwarming to see how many people came by just to talk to my parents and tell them how much they will be missed! And they made a good amount of money while clearing some stuff out.

They found this place about 20 years ago while they were RVing full time. It's actually an Escapees RV park where a lot of RVers come to spend the winter, and if you are an Escapees member you can get a discount on your stay. They also sell lots to members who wish to have a place to call home when they're not out on the road. There is much variety in housing here, from simple to extravagant RV's, to modular homes and mobile homes, to regular stick built homes. My parents have a regular stick built home with full RV hook-ups, which means that we have a place to park the 5th wheel . . .  for free!

I've never been much of a desert person, but my view has changed a little. The landscape is beautiful! So much color! The pictures I've taken don't do it justice! I love the big Saguaro Cactus and the Palo Verde Trees in particular. The flowers are spectacular and watching the Cactus Wren, the bunnies and the lizards is very enjoyable!

Papawizzy and I are happy we are able to take the time to come here and help my parents with the big job of moving. And it's fun to hear all the stories that going through things bring out. Stories about how they met and their dating years, stories of their youth, war stories, travel stories and stories of my childhood. There have been lots of laughs and tears as we look though a lifetime of memories. I am blessed.

The house should go on the market in the next week or so. I don't expect it to take too long to sell since there have already been people that have come by and want to look at it! Once it sells, we will help them with the move to Texas. We'll be heading to California for a short visit in June and then back here to finish things up.

It's been a wild ride so far! So much has happened that wasn't anticipated, but we are enjoying the journey as it unfolds and will trust the Lord's plans as He leads us into the great unknown lol!

Blessings,
Mamawizzy


No comments:

Post a Comment